ScopServ Integration with Microsoft Teams
ScopServ is happy to announce that we have completed
integration with Microsoft Teams
Make and receive work calls on any device anywhere.
Works with Microsoft Teams on PC, Mac or Mobile.
Quick & simple implementation in minutes.
No hardware or software.
Simple low cost monthly subscription.
Integrates each Microsoft Teams user with a ScopTEL SIP Extension.
Enterprise grade encryption and security built-in.
How it works:
- Contact your ScopServ representative to purchase ScopTEAMS licensing and get your ScopTEAMS Admin Portal Credentials. ScopTEAMS Licenses are billed per user/month and do not include either Microsoft
Teams licenses or ScopTEL User licenses on your ScopTEL PBX.
- Toll Free: 1 866 722 3292
- For details on licenses please contact your sales representative at ScopServ.
- Add Microsoft Common Phone System licensing to your
Office365 management account. ScopServ does not sell Microsoft Licensing
so you must purchase Microsoft licensing from your Microsoft vendor or
by using your Office365 Management Portal. ScopServ does not support the
Teams installation on the customer desktop. Teams may be downloaded
directly from Microsoft at https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/microsoft-365/microsoft-teams/download-app if you have not already installed Teams within your organization.
- One license is required for each user that wishes to connect
to Microsoft Teams and is associated with a SIP Extension on ScopTEL
thus turning your Microsoft Teams client installation into a SIP Soft
Phone registered directly to your ScopTEL PBX. You may also wish to use a
ScopTEL Shared Device license to twin your deskphone with your Teams
Client. See: https://service.scopserv.com/portal/en/kb/articles/how-to-share-one-extension-with-multiple-sip-devices
- One Active User license with Global Admin rights is required
to login as a proxy to ScopTEAMS to run an automatic sync with
Microsoft licenses and import them into the ScopTEAMS online management
- One unallocated license for ‘Common Area Phone’ is also
required on behalf of the ScopTEAMS Power Shell Proxy account
(customer’s Global Admin account).
- For details on Microsoft Licensing refer to:
- Do not add a calling plan or ‘Meeting Room’ unless you wish
to provide localized dial in numbers for audio conferences (your ScopTEL
already provides Conference functionality) or ‘Skype for Business’. The
basic pre-requisite for Microsoft E1/E3 licenses is ‘Common Area
Phone’. If you already have Microsoft E5 licensing no additional
licensing should be purchased.
- Create Microsoft Teams domain records on your Microsoft Admin portal.
- The ScopTEAMS Sync will attempt to create Microsoft Teams DNS records for your organization’s domain.
- However if this fails then refer to: https://support.call2teams.com/support/solutions/articles/6000231997-why-do-my-domains-show-incomplete-setup-
- If you would rather configure your own DNS records then refer to: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/admin/get-help-with-domains/set-up-your-domain-host-specific-instructions?view=o365-worldwide
- Login to your ScopTEAMS admin portal,which you will receive after you have purchased your sku’s.
- Click on the Menu Service tab and create a PBX record
- Click on the Teams tab to Sync Users.
- This will add a list of users to ScopTEAMS which can be
assigned to ScopTEL PBX SIP Extensions. For details on ScopTEL
Extension’s Authentication refer to: https://service.scopserv.com/portal/en/kb/articles/module-8-scoptel-extensions-management
- Click on the Menu Users tab and Click Add User to see all the Microsoft users that were imported during the Sync
- Choose a user from the list and fill in the fields for
PBX/Trunk, SIP Username, Password. The Username and Password fields are
copied from the ScopTEL SIP Extension from ScopTEL’s Authentication tab.
- For full details see: https://support.call2teams.com/support/solutions/articles/6000236846-call2teams-configuration-to-work-with-your-pbx
- Once you have added the PBX, and Users and completed the
Sync, the new users will authenticate with ScopTEL. This associates each
Teams user with a ScopTEL PBX Extension using Microsoft Teams as a soft
phone. Using the ScopTEAMS Management portal you can see the realtime
registration and busy status of each extension.
- Microsoft Teams will be able to dial local PBX extensions
and PSTN Trunks configured on ScopTEL. All access to local extensions,
features, and lines will be controlled by the ScopTEL SIP Extension’s
Class of Service. Integration between ScopTEL and Teams is very tight
because Teams becomes a SIP Extension registered to ScopTEL!
The Teams Client registers from a remote IP address so ScopTEL does require the SIP Extension to be configured as NAT.
Teams will also register from remote IP’s that must be
allowed by any firewall to connect to the ScopTEL installation. If
whitelists are required then the external IP’s of the ScopTEAMS SBC
Optional recommendations for SRTP/TLS:
ScopTEL - Cisco SIP Phone Integration
Cisco Phone Background Cisco is known for their SCCP Protocol, however they have acquired several companies over the years and have developed SIP firmware for use in their proprietary call control platforms and Third Party Call Control (3PCC). One of ...
Integrating Extensions With Microsoft Exchange and Office365
In Microsoft Outlook you can use the Calendar to set your busy status by creating a Calendar event. It is possible to integrate your ScopTEL extension with your Calendar so that when your Calendar makes you busy you can set a busy destination for ...
How to establish a SIP trunk between ScopTEL IP PBX and Microsoft Lync
We will see in this article how to configure a Scopserv system so it can communicate with Microsoft Lync/OCS Two steps are required in order to use an external link, and two other steps are optional: Creation of a VoIP Account Creation of an incoming ...
ScopServ – The Company ScopServ is a Canadian firm founded in 2004, specializing in information technology. It designs high-end corporate applications and holds the intellectual property rights for its products and solutions. A strong actor in ...
How to configure a ScopTEL system so it can communicate with Microsoft Lync
How to configure a ScopTEL system so it can communicate with Microsoft Lync/OCS Two steps are required in order to use an external link, and two other steps are optional: Creation of a VoIP Account Creation of an incoming line (optional) Creation of ...