If you are having problems authenticating or starting the application it may be necessary to reprovison it:
- Select the Keypad tab.
- Select ‘…’ to open settings.
- Select ‘Reset Application’ and confirm.
- Scan your provisioning QR code.
If you are still experiencing problems, please contact your system administrator.
Do Not Disturb
To activate ‘Do Not Disturb’ mode, click on SCOPCOMM button on the uppper left, and flip the switch.
SCOPCOMM Desktop is a softphone for Windows and MacOS. You can download the application from the SCOPSERV website ( https://download.scopserv.com/softwares/
). To log in, use the credentials provided to you by your administrator, or by automated e-mail. If you have not received provisioning information, please contact your manager.
SCOPCOMM Desktop displays five buttons on the sidebar:
- Do Not Disturb
The first one displays or hides the dialpad. The several contact lists (Contacts) and recent call history (Recents) are displayed below the dialpad. The Do Not Disturb button will stop the softphone incoming calls from ringing. Settings allows you to configure softphone options.
The dialpad is where you dial numbers you wish to call. The green “dial” is for calling out. To call a number, dial the number on the keypad and click the “dial” button.
This panel lists your phone contacts, and supports importing contacts from your own device.
Quick Dial, contacts added directly
- Address Book, contacts imported from your current device
- Web Service, contacts imported from your telephony server
To add a contact:
- Go to Quick Dial .
- Click to “Add Contact” icon.
- Enter and save the contact information.
To delete or edit a contact, right-click it.
When you select a contact, the application will display the contact information. Depending on the type of info, you can:
- call a phone number
- open the chat window
- start an e-mail
To add a dialcode (e.g. *78) to your contacts, you can proceed as per a normal contact, but do not include a terminating '#'.
This screen displays recent calls and chats.
Select one of the entries, and you will see your history with the associated contact. When viewing call and chat history, you will have the following options in the viewing panel:
- Audio Call, to call back the number
- Add Participant, to include one more person to the chat
- History, to filter different types of calls or to just see chat messages
- Delete, to clear the entire history
- Toggle Sidebar, to expand the pane for better viewing
Do Not Disturb
Click on this icon to turn on/off Do Not Disturb mode. When this mode is on, incoming calls will not be accepted and will not ring your softphone.
Settings are accessed by clicking the gear icon.
- Account: user account information
- Sound: audio settings
- Recording: call recording settings
- Controls: application launching settings
- Logs: activity logs, used for debugging
- Reset: delete provisioning information, resets the application to a fresh install
If you are having problems using the application it may be necessary to reprovision it:
- Go to Settings.
- Click “Reset” and “Yes”.
You can reprovision your app using the credentials provided by your administrator. If you are still experiencing problems, please contact your system administrator.
SCOPCOMM WebRTC is a client for personal computers that provides the same basic features as the phone. There is web client and an application that can be installed on MacOS or Windows. Both require online access.
You may receive an automated e-mail with provisioning information, or you may receive this information from your system administrator. This information comes in the form of a weblink, username, and password.
You can use Chrome to access the weblink ( https://rtc.scopserv.com ), or you can download the application from the SCOPSERV website ( http://download.scopserv.com/softwares/ ). In either case, you can authenticate with your credentials to access all SCOPCOMM softphone functions.
The screen is divide in three parts: the header, the sidebar, and the main pane.
Next to the SCOPSERV logo you have the search bar and the home menu.
The search function will look through contacts’ name and numbers, but not your chat history. If no contact is found, it will offer to create it and it will be added to your contacts and history.
The home menu displays your user name. By clicking it you unroll the options:
- Volume: to adjust the loudness
- Settings: you can set your preferences for notifications, storage, media input/output, and view internal logs and other data.
- Logout: to exit the application
The sidebar gives quick access to the following:
- Call History
What you select in the sidebar updates the display in the main pane.
From this screen you can dial a number as you would on a phone. The number can be typed in the text box or dialed by clicking the keypad.
One dialed you can select one of the following call method:
- audio + video
This will display your existing contacts. Numbers you dial and pick up are added under All tab for quick access.
This will display a listing of you call history, such as incoming and outgoing calls. For each call, you have the caller id and duration. You can also call the number back directly, and listen to the call if you turned on recording.
This will display a listing of recorded calls. From here you can listen to them, export, and delete them. Recording info is also displayed:
You should take into consideration that all recordings are local to your computer (or browser), and are subject to being purged if memory runs out.
On this page you can read this user guide.
This section displays the latest from your call history. You can select an entry to dial it right away.
The main pane is where viewing detailed info and your call interactions occur. The different types of info displayed are described above. When a call is ongoing, the main pane has the following buttons:
- Chat + Call layout: to toggle between different layouts.
- DTMF Keypad: to access the keypad
- Transfer: redirect a call to another number
- Record call: turn on/off recording. Recordings can be accessed under Recording in the sidebar.
- Attended transfer: redirect a call to another number, but leaves you on the call until you are ready to leave it
- Mute: turn sound on/off on your end
- Hold: put the call on hold
- Switch video on/off: turn video on/off. There may be some limitations as to whether this function works depending on the compatibility of the devices.
- Hangup: put an end to ongoing call
- Contact details: if the number is associated to an existing contact, you can access contact details.
Chat messages can only be sent to other SCOPCOMM users on your system.