End Of Life Announcement for ScopTEL Software on all CentOS Versions prior to CentOS 7
Previous versions of ScopTEL were either based on CentOS versions 4, 5, or 6
- However these versions have limited lifecycle support and it was
necessary for ScopServ International to Release an ScopTEL packages
based on CentOS version 7.X
- As of November 30th 2020 ScopServ will no longer be supporting any
installations prior to CentOS 7. This means that all installations on
top of CentOS 4, 5, 6 will be End Of Life and will need to be upgraded
to CentOS 7 for continued support.
- ScopServ advises that any new installation of our software be installed on CentOS 7
- Please follow the official documentation here to upgrade any existing installations or install any new ScopTEL installations.
- Also be advised that ScopServ cannot guarantee the compatibility of
any existing hardware with CentOS 7. To check for compatibility in
advance you must refer to:
End of Life
As announced in December of 2020, The CentOS Project has shifted focus from CentOS Linux to CentOS Stream. Here are the expected end of life (EOL) dates for our various releases.
- CentOS Linux 7 EOL: 2024-06-30
- CentOS Linux 8 EOL: 2021-12-31
- CentOS Stream 8 EOL: 2024-05-31
- CentOS Stream 9 EOL: estimated 2027, dependent on RHEL9 end of “Full Support Phase”
As of 2020-02-01 the current version of ScopTEL install is CentOS Linux release 7.7 64 bit (x86_64)
CentOS 6 is End Of Life and yum updates are broken: How to enable CentOS 6 Vault or Upgrade to CentOS 7
If you are having problems updating your CentOS 6 installation this is because CentOS 6 is End Of Life and the official repositories have been archived. The problem looks something like this: # scopserv_yum update ==== scopserv_yum ==== — Executing ...
Product Bulletin- End Of Life Announcement for Asterisk 13
As of September 21, 2021 ScopServ is officially deprecating all versions of Asterisk 13 and marking all support for Asterisk 13.x End Of Life. Beginning with scopserv-telephony25-184.108.40.206.20210914-2 Asterisk 18.x will be the default version of ...
Module 1 - ScopTEL IP PBX Software - CentOS7 ISO BootDisk Installation Guide
Introduction CentOS Linux The CentOS Linux distribution is a stable, predictable, manageable and reproducible platform derived from the sources of Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL). ScopTEL The ScopTEL applications suite is a complete IP PBX management ...
CentOS 5 Official Support Closure
CentOS 5 Official Support Closure As previously advised in the ScopServ blogs and ScopNEWS, CentOS 5 has now officially reached its End Of Life date. As a result, CentOS has officially shutdown their official repositories for CentOS EL5. From now, if ...
ScopServ – The Company ScopServ is a Canadian firm founded in 2004, specializing in information technology. It designs high-end corporate applications and holds the intellectual property rights for its products and solutions. A strong actor in ...